Blackened Shrimp Maque Choux
My mom took me to this restaurant a long time ago, and this is what I ordered.
Instantly I fell in love. It had a nice spice to it and it was creamy. It was like a plate of heaven prepared just for me.
It became one of our favorite places to eat, and still is, but, they took this pasta off the menu. In my heartache, I tried to recreate it at home so we can still enjoy it. It is really pretty easy to cook, making it a great weeknight dish to have for dinner!
- Rigate Pasta, 16 Oz (Can use rigatoni, or penne)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1 can corn (drained) Or 2 cups frozen/fresh
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded parmesan
- 1.5 tsp slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- Olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Green onions (about 1/4 cup)
- Zatarain's blackened seasoning to taste
- slap ya mama Cajun seasoning to taste
- Peel and devein shrimp- coat in olive oil and toss around- set aside
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain, set aside
- Melt butter in pan
- Add onions and bell pepper and cook down
- Add corn
- Add seasoning
- Add heavy cream and cook for about 10 minutes. It will thicken up.
- While that is cooking, place toss the shrimp with plenty of slap ya mama seasoning and blackened pepper seasoning, spread out on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake on 350 until done
- Turn off heat on the stove and add pasta to the pan
- Put in the parmesan cheese and toss around the pasta to cook
- Stir in the tomatoes
- Stir in the green onions
- Serve with desired amount of shrimp on top