The first time I saw this, I wasn't going to order it because I thought how strange. But my husband did, and we all loved it.
So here I am making a ton of them! They are SO easy, so budget friendly, and the best part is that they freeze! So, make a bunch and freeze them for a easy grab and go morning breakfast.
The amount is really up to you... Do you want to make a ton? Maybe you have a small freezer and want to just try out a few. When I make them, I usually make about 40. I buy the 5 dozen egg basket at costco, and the tortilla wraps.
- Eggs (about 1 for every 2 tortillas)
- Red onion- about 1/2 a large one- diced fine
- Red Bell pepper- 2 chopped fine
- Potatoes- 2 medium/large chopped in small cubes
- Cheddar- 8-10oz
- American Cheese- 5 slices
- 1lb of breakfast sausage
- 3tbsp butter
- 1/4cup of milk
- 2cups chopped tomatoes
- Chop up the potatoes (I peeled mine) and chop the red bell pepper
- Mix them around in some oil (I use avocado) and salt and pepper them, lay out in a single layer on a cookie sheet
- Cook at 425 until the potatoes are tender (about 25 mins)
- Now cook the eggs
- Place 3 tbsp of butter in the bottom of your pan
- Mix your eggs, put the milk and salt and pepper
- Place all eggs (or work in batches that you're comfortable with)
- Keep stirring! The secret to fluffy eggs AND cooking this many eggs at once is not to let the heat get too hot and to keep stirring
- Keep the heat at medium
- Stir in the American Cheese before they are done
- Cook breakfast sausage
- Place in medium temperature pan and cook until done
- Chop up the red onion
- Chop up the tomatoes
- Mix and set aside in bowl
Time to assemble! If you are going to freeze them, I wrap them in parchment, then wrap in foil. Put them all in a ziplock after wrapping.
The assembly line...
It's a wrap!