Oh, lobster... It has been a struggle. I used to not understand the obsession people had with it. Every time I've been to a restaurant and someone has let me taste the lobster theyd gotten, I hated it. Hated. It.
My dad would always say, "It's the butter that makes it good." Well sure, butter does taste good, especially when it is loaded with garlic. But, come on! I want my lobster to have flavor. Taste. Then, yeah add some tasty butter to it!
So I decided we were going to try lobster at home. Our way. The cajun way. May I say, the right way? Okay, I won't be that ignorant on you, but I do like my way better!
You boil it in spices, just like we do for crawfish and shrimp. It is so full of flavor... Then you make a butter that is full of flavor too. It becomes this mix of heaven that now allows me to understand the fuss over lobster.
Ingredients: (Boil water)
- 2 1.5lb lobsters
- 6 liters of water
- 1/2 cup zatarains liquid shrimp/crab boil
- 3 cups zatarains powder shrimp/crab boil
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/8 cup lemon oil
- 2 lemons cut in half
- 1 stick of butter
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Add 6 liters of water to a pot
- Add all the spices and bring to a boil
- Add lobster
- Cook on a boil for about 12-15 minutes
- Do not overcook, as lobster can become bitter
- Slowly melt stick of butter
- Add all ingredients
- Pour into a bowl for dipping