Chocolate Chip muffins
Hey, any reason to have chocolate with breakfast, I am all about it! Apparently, so is my little boy.
About 2 years ago we went to Chattanooga for vacation, and at the hotel we stayed at they had chocolate chip waffles... Blew his little mind. So from there on, if there was chocolate chips to be had in a breakfast item, he wanted it!
These muffins are really close to the ones you buy at Costco. They definitely aren't as big, ha! They are sweet, so moist, and just lovely little bites of chocolate. Perfect!
- 2.5 cups AP flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter- and cooled
- 1 and 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1.5 tbsp vanilla
- 1- 1.5 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tray with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix around and set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix melted butter, milk, vanilla sugar and eggs.
- Slowly add to dry ingredients and fold until just combined
- Divide into 12 muffin cups
- Bake on 425 for 5 minutes
- Bump heat down to 375 and bake for another 12 minutes or until golden on top