One weekend my mother-in-law brought these little sandwiches for us to snack on. I had never had an egg salad sandwich before.
I fell in love with them and so did my little boy! So, I decided to experiment with the recipe a bit and here is my version.
- 12 boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Boil eggs and let cool
- Peel and place them in a medium bowl
- Mash them with a potato masher or you can break them apart with your hands
- Add all other ingredients and mix well
- Serve on fresh white bread