Boy, I can't even explain how much my son loves this! Both of my kids love eggplant and look forward to getting some when we go to a local farm in town.
They always leave saying they grow the best eggplants and can't wait to go home and cook them.
This is such a great appetizer or even lunch. A lot of times we do this for a quick meatless lunch.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 eggs
- Slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- Marinara for dipping (optional)
- Oil for frying (at least about 2 inches in pot or deep frying them is even better)
- Get 3 bowls and set up "assembly" line
- Put flour in one, eggs in the 2nd, and Italian bread crumbs in the 3rd
- Slice up your eggplant
- Heat up oil to about 325
- Dip the eggplant slices in the flour, then dip in the egg and then dip in the bread crumbs last
- Place in hot oil and flip when golden
- Be careful with the oil as if it gets too hot the eggplant will burn fast
- Sprinkle the slap ya mama seasoning on top when they come out!