nola red grilled shrimp
Y'all, I was so excited to try this new spice! It is called "Nola Red" and it is made by Seasonality Spices.
When I saw the name had "Nola" in it, my curiosity was peeked.
I wanted to taste the flavors.
Were they really spicy? Too spicy or not enough? And, did it have flavor? Because you can have spice and flavor and you can have just spice. So which one was it? It was definitely both and I am so happy about that. I used it with lemon juice to make an easy shrimp dinner!
I used skewers and put them on the grill, but you can put them in a grill pan or cast iron and toss them around like that too, just add some oil.
- 2 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp
- Juices of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp Nola Red Seasoning- divided- 1 tbsp for lemon juice mixture and 1 tbsp to sprinkle on top before grilling
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, squeeze juice of two lemons, mix olive oil and 1 tbsp of Nola Red Seasoning
- Cut up bell peppers and onions
- Peel and devein shrimp
- Toss shrimp, bell peppers, and onions in the mixture
- Skewer peppers, onions and shrimp (It really doesn't matter what order)
- When done skewering them, sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of Nola Red on your shrimp skewers
- Grill until done
Use Slap Ya Mama if you can't get Nola Red!