Both of my kids loved applesauce, but then we found out they and myself are very allergic to apples! So, I needed an alternative to it, and this pear sauce fits the bill.
You can eat this as an applesauce alternative or you can make it chunkier and put it in some oatmeal in the morning, or as a treat on top of some vanilla ice cream! I squeeze the juice of half a lemon in ours, but I like it a little tart. So start with 1/4 of a lemon before you squeeze the whole half.
- Peel and chop up your pears. I have about 2lbs after I chop them up.
- Add them to the pan you're going to cook them down in.
- Melt the butter and start to sauté the pears down.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and continue cooking them down.
- Squeeze in half of a lemon
- It will make a liquid, however if you need a little more, add a bit of water
- Blend or mash it up, serve!
- 2lbs pears peeled and chopped (buy about 3-4lbs)
- 2tbsp butter
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2tsp vanilla
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 lemon