Oh yes. Pecan Pralines. You don't live by New Orleans and not eat these little treats. We have loads of pecans and we love sugar! It is a match made in heaven.
Pralines are really pretty easy to make. The secret to making really good Pralines is pretty hilarious if you live down here in the South. You make them on a day with little humidity.
Did you die laughing or squish your face in confusion?
Because you should! There is ALWAYS so much dang humidity down here. I'm not sure how the heck the places that make these make them so good all year long. I just know when I make them at home, I better bump that air down real good or it has to be a cool day outside.
- 2 cups semi chopped pecans
- 3 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place the sugar in your pan
- Place the heavy whipping cream in pan along with corn syrup and salt
- Bring to a boil (236 degrees F)
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla
- Stir in pecans
- Spoon onto wax paper
- Cool until they lighten in color