Roast beef poboy
Oh, Roast Beef Poboys.
If you're from the South, you know exactly how we feel about them.
Gravy dripping down ya fingers to slurp up after you digest your bite... Wait... Can I admit that?!
The dirtier the BETTER!
Spice it up a little just to give you a kick at the end. It's a tasty sandwich for any time of the day and any day of the week.
Don't forget to wipe your chin!
- 3.5lb beef roast
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp slap ya mama seasoning
- 1/2 tsp zatarains blackened seasoning
- 1 large onion- cut into strips
- 32oz beef broth
- 1/2 cup flour
*Whatever fixings you'd like to dress it with. We use shredded lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and plenty of mayonnaise!
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottom pan or dutch oven
- Season each side of the roast splitting the ingredients in half to do each side
- Brown each side of the roast
- Lift up the roast and put the onions on the bottom to brown them
- Brown them for a few minutes, do not caramelize them
- Pour in beef broth
- Cook in oven at 350 for about 2 hours
- When done, remove roast from the pot and place on a plate
- Sprinkle in flour and stir around
- Add water to make a gravy
- Adjust any seasonings
- Slice up roast and place back in the pot and allow to simmer for 20 minutes
- Add more water if needed