southern mustard greens
This is a dish I remember my great-grandmother cooking. I remember her standing over the stove, having a huge pot going and it would make her whole house smell. The smell grows on you, by the way! Ha. These are so delicious. It is always best to get fresh mustard greens because the ones in the bag tend to be tough.
- 2 bunches of mustard greens
- 1 stick of butter
- 5 large slices of bacon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- In a large pot, cook down your bacon
- Add stick of butter
- Add the mustard greens (tear out the thick stem)
- Add seasoning
- Let it cook down on low for as long as you can
- I cook at least for 30 minutes, it makes for a tender bite!