Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Aren't homemade cookies just the best? I don't know many people who don't like a chocolate chip cookie.
Now, what style of cookie?
I like a thin crispy one, but it can't be too crisp. My dad likes the ones from the bakery that are thick and sort of cake like. I won't pass up a cookie, but this is definitely my favorite style.
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk at room temp
- 3 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of room temp butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups of your favorite chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
- Let the butter come to room temp along with the egg and milk
- Put the egg, vanilla and milk in a bowl together and set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda and set aside
- In a mixer, mix the butter and sugars together
- Slowly add in the egg, milk and vanilla mixture
- Slowly add in the flour mixture
- Add in chocolate chips, and stir them around
- Scoop out cookies, spacing them about 3 inches apart
Bake on 375 for about 10-12 minutes or until done