green bean and artichoke casserole
This recipe is one passed down to me by my Mother-in-Law. I've never really been big into green bean casseroles, so when this showed up one year at a holiday, I was a little skeptical. However, I tasted it and was intrigued! The flavors fell into place perfectly. The artichoke compliments the green beans and makes it almost feel like a delicate dish.
- 4 cans french style string beans- drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put drained string beans into a bowl, add all the ingredients to it.
- Mix well and taste, adjust seasonings as needed.
- Pour into greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle italian bread crumbs on top.
- Bake until golden.