I love to make big ole pots of spaghetti. Everyone loves to get seconds and leftovers the next day are just as great. Spaghetti also makes one of the easiest freezer meals. I always try to have some for the freezer on busy nights!
This is when the spaghetti sauce gets repurposed. Make a meatball poboy and change it up!
- 3-4 cups of left over spaghetti sauce with meatballs (about a dozen)
- 32oz can of whole peeled tomatoes in their juices
- 2 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- loaf of french bread
- provolone cheese slices
- Either defrost or make a new batch of
spaghetti and meatballs found here
- Add the 32oz can of tomatoes
- Add the water
- Adjust seasonings
- Cut your french bread into 6 inch pieces and split in half longways, careful not to go all the way through
- Place some sauce on the top and bottom
- Add meatballs and put more sauce on it
- Place a slice of provolone on top the meatballs before closing, allowing it to melt
- Have napkins and enjoy!