fried shrimp borderlaise pasta
When I was in high school, I found a restaurant I really loved. Then a few years after high school, they opened up a "bistro" part of their restaurant which was even more fabulous.
This pasta was on their menu, and it was this dish that introduced me to fried shrimp on pasta.
I fell in love!
Whether it is creamy pasta or a light pasta like this one, the crispy shrimp goes perfect.
The sauce that goes on it is very light but has herbs and flavors that delight. Sweet tomatoes that burst in your mouth make for a little treat.
It's a breeze to make, so try it out!
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp slap ya mama seasoning
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped garlic (1 head)
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 1 cup white wine (vermouth)
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat pan with olive oil
- Have heat on medium-low
- Add garlic and green onions and cook for 2 minutes, don't let the garlic burn
- Add wine and all seasonings except butter and parsley
- Cook for 3 minutes
- Add butter and parsley and cook for 3 minutes
- Add tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add noodles to pan and toss
- Plate and add fried shrimp on top
- Heat oil to 365
- In a medium bowl place 2 cups flour with 4 tbsp slap ya mama seasoning
- Toss shrimp around and place in fryer
- Cook until golden