Spicy Boiled stovetop Shrimp
Boy oh boy I love shrimp! Y'all know. I'm so glad I live here because I don't think I could cut fresh shrimp out of my life!
Shrimp boils are very popular down here, and for darn good reason. They are tasty as hell and just flat out fabulous!
There are times when I want boiled shrimp without the fuss. So when that time arises, I get a few pounds of shrimp and just do them on the stove. You still get the same great flavor!
- 2 lbs shrimp (I pop the heads but leave the shells on)
- 4 Liters of water
- 1 cup Zatarains crab boil powder
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 caps of lemon oil (this is super important!) I put a link below to buy on amazon, but I buy mine at a local seafood store. It is made by Deep South Brand, and it is called natural lemon oil.
- Juice of one lemon and zest
- Bring all ingredients to a boil
- When it is at a rolling boil, put the shrimp in
- Boil for about 5 minutes or until shells start to separate from meat and turn pink
- Use a slotted spoon to remove shrimp into a bowl
- Squeeze lemon on top