oven baked ribs
I love a good rubbed down rack of ribs. You know what I love even more? When you can just stick them in the oven and let it do all the work for you. Not all "good" ribs have to be grilled. I live in Louisiana, so come on! It gets hot outside y'all.
These do take a while to cook down in the oven, but well worth the wait!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup smoked paprika
- 2 cups cola
- 1.5-2 cups water
- Heat oven to 350
- Mix all seasonings together in a bowl
- Lay out ribs flat and rub each side with mixture
- In a large baking pan pour the cola and water in the bottom and place the ribs into the liquid
- Bake for 2 hours
- Test internal temperature and serve!