Chicken Roulade with Lemon Sauce
This chicken is so tasty! It is one of those dishes if you are having a dinner party you can make ahead of time, and keep warm in the oven for serving. It looks really pretty when presenting, sure to impress your company. The lemon butter helps kick it up a notch and keep it moist!
Ingredients for Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cooked and chopped prosciutto
- 1/4 stick butter
- 3 cups spinach
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- Slap ya mama cajun seasoning (sprinkle to taste)
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Set up your assembly line for the batter (3 bowls).
- Flour (1 cup), eggs (3), Italian bread crumbs (1 cup)
Make your cheese mixture:
- Cook the prosciutto and then chop it up
- Remove from the pan and add the 1/4 stick of butter
- Add 3 cups of spinach and sauté down
- Add the garlic towards the end so it will cook, but not too long
- Set mixture aside
- Slice the 2 breast in half
- Pound out as thin as you can with a meat mallet
- , sprinkle slap ya mama on each side of the chicken breast
- Spread the cheese mixture and roll it up
- Heat oil up to 325-350
- Place the rolled Chicken in the flour and coat it very well
- Place in the egg and roll it around so it gets in all areas
- Now roll it in the bread crumbs
- Place in hot oil fry until golden (flip as needed)
- Take out of oil and place on cookie sheet
- Bake on 400 for 25minutes or until done
Assembly line for battering.
Fry the prosciutto in a pan, then cook the spinach right behind it to pick up the flavors.
Mix the cheese, prosciutto, and cooked spinach together.
Spread the cheese.
I tied these, but I think I like just rolling them and not tying them- it was a mess.
Sprinkle on the tony's after rolling!
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2tsp lemon zest
- 4tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp parsley
- 1/4tsp salt
- Make sure the butter is really soft, it helps keep it creamy instead of oily
- Put on a low heat burner
- Add zest, juice, parsley and salt
- Mix and drizzle on top of cut chicken