fried chicken thighs with tabasco honey
You know the love for Fried Chicken runs deep in the veins of us Southerners.
Fried Chicken... I hope to one day be that grandma that has her grand babies over because their parents want mamas fried chicken.
I'll make them some sweet tea, and we will be swinging on the porch crunching away while the grandchildren play.
See, I brought you into a Southern dream. haha!
Well anyway, for real, these chicken thighs are a dream come true. Spice from the chicken settles in with some sweet, fiery honey that kicks a little heat at the end.
Best advice, find some local honey, please don't buy that bear! Local honey is so much better. I have found someone local that I could swear you taste the berries the bees must pollinate. It is amazing.
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 1 tsp slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 2 cups flour
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp tabasco
- Mix up the seasonings well
- Sprinkle each side of each thigh liberally- it will look like a lot, but I promise it is the perfect amount!
- Dip each thigh into the flour and shake off excess
- Place oil in pan or deep fryer
- If you use a pan you need at least about 2-3 inches of oil to cover chicken
- Keep heat at 350
- Fry each side for about 6 minutes, flipping half way through
- Remove with a slotted spoon and check the temp
- You want it to read 160- it will be perfectly ready and juicy!