oven buttermilk fried chicken
Listen up... fried chicken is the way of life down here. Everyone loves it, that's just a simple fact.
But sometimes you don't want to go through all the trouble of frying:
the battering, the watching, the babysitting while it fries, and the smell.
There are days you want to skip that. That's where this chicken comes in.
All you have to do is soak it in buttermilk over night, then batter it for dinner the next day. It will be super moist because of the buttermilk, and the batter leaves it with a crispy crust.
- 1 5lb chicken, cut into pieces and breast cubed
- Buttermilk mixture:
- Buttermilk (enough to cover your whole chicken)
- 2 tbsp slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- 2 cups cornflakes, crushed pretty fine
- 1/2 cup powdered parmesan
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Cube up breast and cut the rest of the chicken into pieces
- Soak in a large bowl with the buttermilk mixture for at least 6 hours
- Make your batter in a separate bowl
- Place a baking sheet with foil and put a roasting wire rack on top
- Batter your chicken and place on top of wire rack
- Cook on 400 for about 40 minutes or until all pieces are cooked through