maple mustard baked chicken
This chicken is tasty and easy y'all. Easy because you throw everything into the baking dish and when it makes the sauce, oh it is so tasty!
We love honey mustard chicken around here, so one day I tried it with maple syrup that was gifted to me. My mom's friend and her husband make maple syrup.
Oh it is so fabulous!
- 1 lb chicken (I used tenders)
- 2 large potatoes cut into thin coins
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/4 cup creole mustard
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a large baking dish
- In baking dish, spread the chopped potatoes and carrots all over the bottom
- In a medium bowl, mix the mustard, maple syrup and spices
- Coat each chicken tender in the mustard mixture and lay each tender flat over the potatoes and carrots
- Pour the remaining sauce on top
- Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes