Classic cheeseburger- inside out
Cheeseburgers are so the American Classic, right? I love a cheeseburger and I don't know why we, along with many households, don't make them at home more often. They are such an easy staple that can be made at home instead of going out purchasing them.
I like this "inside out" idea. I learned it a few years ago and have enjoyed it! Also, finishing it in the oven helps keep it from drying out.
Ingredients: Makes 6 large burgers
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 tsp burger seasoning mix (Emeril's- posted below as well)
- Oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients together well
- Form 6 patties, flatten out pretty thin if you can and a little larger than your bun (they will shrink a bit when you cook them)
- Make an indention in the middle so you can place the cheese and any other filling you may want to add
- Make 6 more thin patties that will cover the filling
- Press gently so it "seals" the mixture
- Now time to fry the patties!
- Place some oil in the bottom of your pan
- Fry each side for about 2 minutes
- Place them on a foil lined cookie sheet
- Bake on 400 until desired doneness is reached
My favorite burger seasoning is Emeril's burger mix. It really is the best. I use 3 tsp per pound of ground beef.
- 2 1⁄2tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
Check out Zaycon Fresh for ground beef