Allergies... They are all around us now, right?
What do you do when you find out your little boy who LOVES chicken nuggets is allergic to CHICKEN?
I had to come up with a beef option for him. I really love these myself and it just feels "cleaner". Veal works best as the meat here because it is super tender and it's just a light tasting meat.
Chopping it up super small is what makes it like the golden arches nuggets!
- About 13 oz of veal (I buy the cubed veal- my measurements for this specific recipe was 13.7oz)
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons potato starch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp flour
- Oil for frying
- Flour for battering
- Mince up the veal as small as possible. I'm talking like 1/8 an inch or smaller! You may even want to dice it up in a food processor. Your knife will work just fine, though.
- Mix all ingredients except oil
- Form the mixture into nuggets
- Heat up oil in pot (at least 2 inches of oil needs to cover the pan)
- Place some flour into a small bowl to batter the nuggets
- Batter each side of the nuggets and place in hot oil to fry
- Fry until golden brown and done.