My dad started making these when I was in high school. He'd usually cook them for breakfast and we would have them with eggs. So a lot of times when I make them, we eat them for breakfast.
Their original purpose was for sliders, which they make really great sliders. Either way you choose to eat them, I know you will love them!
I make a large batch because these are great to freeze patties to have ready for days you don't feel like making them.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 1.5 lb ground pork
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp fennel
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper finely diced
- Finely chop up the onion and bell pepper and place in a large bowl
- Place all other ingredients in the bowl and mix well
- In a skillet, heat up oil
- Form patties the size of a slider
- Cook until desired temp is reached
- Dress your bun up with some blue plate mayonnaise, tomato, lettuce and the patty!
- You can also form patties and put them on a cookie sheet to freeze
- They are easy to take out the freezer and cook when your ready!