deep fried ribeye
Where do I even start with this? I wish I had the emoji's so I could use the "eyes" one to see what is going to happen when I post this! HA!
Okay, so if y'all follow me on facebook/instagram/blog, y'all know my dad stayed with us a while after his surgery. One day he was scrolling through his Facebook and stumbled upon this video of a man who deep fried a whole ribeye.
Well, being the health freaks we are (not), we fell in love! I am all about the deep fryer, he is all about beef. And vise versa!!!
Well anyways, we did it... Results were that it was freaking fabulous. You get these crispy, well-done end pieces and a rarer center cut. Something to make everyone happy.
- Ribeye- 6.5 lbs
- Zatarain's cajun butter injector
- Prepare your ribeye by salting and peppering the outside liberally
- Inject it all over with the cajun butter
- Set up your fryer
- Heat oil to 350
- JUST LIKE A TURKEY, carefully lower the ribeye into the hot oil- SLOW!
- Fry 3.5 minutes per pound
- Take it out and let it rest- cover it with foil to lock in the juices
- Slice to desired thickness
- ENJOY! (and don't tell your cardiologist)