Shrimp and crab stuffed mushrooms
I love mushrooms, and I think seafood is a perfect stuffing for them. They are small but oh so full of flavor...
perfect for an appetizer!
Most restaurants around the New Orleans area have these on the menu as an appetizer.
They've always been a favorite of mine, so it was only natural for me to make my own at home!
- 1/2 stick butter
- 15 large cap mushrooms- stems reserved and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped (heaping 1/4 cup)
- 2 stalks celery chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 lbs of shrimp, peeled and deveined and cut up
- 1/2 lb of crab meat picked over
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 stick butter, cubed up for tops
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter
- Add the mushroom stems, green onions, celery and garlic.
- Cook until they have softened, about 5 minutes
- Add the shrimp and cook until pink. Add the bread crumbs, slap ya mama seasoning and cayenne
- Add crab meat and mix around
- Remove from heat and add in the parmesan cheese
- Add heavy whipping cream
- Spoon it into the mushroom cap and place on a baking sheet
- Slice a small cube of butter and place on top
- Sprinkle some slap ya mama seasoning over the mushrooms
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until golden
- Top with extra parmesan if desired.