Alright, the secret is out. I love shrimp. I always look forward to little parties and get togethers because there is almost no doubt there is going to be a shrimp mold down here.
I thought it was a southern thing, then I met a southerner that never heard of it before. But I can tell you it's big in the heart of Louisiana!
The next day it will be spicier, so keep that in mind when you are taste testing.
- 1- 10oz tomato soup
- 1 1/2 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 2- 8oz cream cheese- softned
- 1 1/2 cup celery
- 3/4 cup green onions
- 1lb of shrimp chopped (you can use some already boiled, or sauté them down with some slap ya mama seasoning and butter)
- 2 tsp slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Heat soup up and stir in gelatin
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool
- Combine all other ingredients
- Pour in mold
- Let sit overnight
- Pop it out of mold and serve with crackers