The ultimate happy comfort food. I could eat potatoes all the time. It's so easy when you're in a pinch to grab that box and mix it up, but these are easy enough too. It takes just a little bit of extra time to peel and boil, but oh so worth it.
- 4.5lb of potatoes (I use russet, but yukon gold are good too)
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2tbsp of salt (while boiling)
- 1/2 tsp salt when you mix it up
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Fill large pot with water and bring to a boil
- Chop up all your potatoes in small chunks
- Boil them to death. Really. Boil until you touch it with a fork they just fall apart
- Drain the Potatoes
- While they are draining, melt your stick of butter in your pan
- Add the heavy cream and salt and pepper to the pan
- Mix in the potatoes and mash
- Serve hot!