shrimp ravioli with lemon basil cream sauce
Y'all... Don't be mad that this requires you to make your own ravioli.
It is a bit of work, but the end results will make your mouth the happiest mouth on the planet.
Making pasta just really floats my boat. The soft texture of it makes me so happy, and it will make you happy, too.
The sauce is amazing and full of flavor. It's creamy, but the lemon helps give it this feeling of not being so heavy.
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup diced Onion
- 1 tbsp diced garlic
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1.5 tsp slap ya mama seasoning
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 mascarpone
- Melt butter in pan
- Add onion and shrimp and cook down
- Add garlic
- Add basil, parsley, slap ya mama, and lemon juice
- Remove from the pan into a bowl
- Allow it to cool and add cheese
- Have your rolled out ravioli ready
- Place about a tsp per ravioli (depending on size of the ravioli- my cutter is small)
While letting the shrimp mixture cool make your sauce.
- 2 pints of heavy cream
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp slap ya mama seasoning
- 1.5 tbsp diced garlic
- Do NOT clean your pan after your remove your shrimp
- Melt butter
- Add heavy cream
- Bring to a boil to thicken it up and add seasonings
- Add ravioli to the pan and allow them cook until done
- Add more heavy cream as needed or you can add milk if it is too thick
- Adjust any seasonings if you add more liquids