baked chicken flautas
I have written about my love of buying whole chickens before. They are just so budget friendly and can make many meals!
The chicken I used for this meal was almost 5lbs and I paid about $4.50. I am only making two meals out of it this week, one being these flautas and the second being the chicken breast and tenders that will get fried.
My kids love these, they are easy to grab and eat!
You can also make these for an appetizer if you have a lot of people over.
- Corn Tortillas (Makes 15)
- Shredded Chicken- I boil 2 thighs and 2 legs off of a 5lb chicken
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1.5 cup shredded cheese
- Mix all ingredients (except the tortillas) in a bowl
- Dampen two paper towels and place on a plate
- Place 3 tortillas in between the two paper towels
- Heat in the microwave for 25 seconds, repeat for each 3 tortillas
- When they are heated, stuff with a little mixture and wrap it up
- Place on cooking stone/baking sheet with the seam down
- Spray with cooking spray
- Bake on 425 for about 25 minutes or until golden in color