Spiced up lemon pepper chicken
This is the second type of chicken breast I learned to make. It came about one day because I was bored with regular lemon pepper chicken.
We never really ate chicken at our house growing up, unless it came from somewhere my parents picked it up.
In high school, when I was trying to be health conscious, this lady I worked with at JcPenney's told me about lemon pepper chicken. So I went to the grocery store, freaked my parents out when I came home and told them I wanted to cook chicken. Well, I cooked it! And I fell in love. I think my parents kind of liked it, and my brother was freaked out by it. So many months came around and I got tired of it and decided why not spice this thing up? I love spicy food, so it only seemed natural for me. If you love lemon pepper chicken, but would like to kick it up a bit, this is for you!
- 1 lb chicken breast, (2 large breast cut in half)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp zatarains blackened seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp parsley
- Cut chicken breast in half ( I like to cut mine in half so the cooking time is shorter, in hopes not to dry out the breast)
- Mix lemon juice in a bowl with all the other seasonings
- Pour some of the juice mixture in the baking pan
- Lay out chicken
- Pour on top of chicken
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until internal temp reads done