Twice fried french fries
There are three kind of homemade fries that make me happy. This one, twice fried. It makes for a soft potato, then when you fry it again it gives it the perfect crisp on the outside.
Next is a potato that you bake, let cool, slice into fries and then fry them the next day... Those make for the best "steak fries".
And then lastly, there is always the "Oh I really need french fries, let me cut these up and fry them real quick" kind. Sometimes you just need fries and don't have time to prepare!
I think that any french fry is acceptable. I've never met any person who didn't like a french fry.
- Fill your pot or fryer with oil, high enough it will cover the fries
- Get your oil heat up to 350
- Fry for a few minutes, and take them out before they turn golden
- Let them rest on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes
- Fry again until golden crisp
- Drain on paper towel or wire rack
- Sprinkle salt all over