WooWee Louisiana is blooming squash! Farms are overloaded and everyone is gathering their goodness! One of the favorite dishes my little boy loves is fried eggplant, so this is really similar.
I actually like this more than the eggplant. It's light and just so darn good!
- 2 large squash cut into thin coins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup italian panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp slap ya mama seasoning (or cajun seasoning of choice)
- Oil for frying
- 4 large eggs mixed
- Heat oil in skillet you will fry in
- In a large bowl scramble the eggs
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, panko breadcrumbs, slap ya mama seasoning and set aside
- Place the squash coins in the egg mixture first and then one by one batter each side
- Place the squash one at a time in the hot oil
- Fry until golden crisp
- When you take it out the oil, put it on a paper towel-lined plate so they won't get soggy