Roasted okra and tomatoes
I love Okra but man do I HATE the slime. Usually, the only way I will eat it is in Gumbo or fried.
That is until I found this recipe. If you roast it long enough then it takes the slime right out and you end up with a nice crispy okra.
The tomatoes add flavor and when you bite into them they explode in your mouth. It is a nice match up!
- 1 lb of okra
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop off the top of the okra and discard
- Split the okra pods in half long ways
- Place in a bowl with the cherry tomatoes and toss with olive oil and minced garlic
- Place on a lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake on 450 for at least 25 minutes or until done