Let me tell y'all... I used to not be adventurous with food. My husband would get all cranky when I'd order the same thing every time we went out for dinner. I was totally vanilla with vanilla sprinkles.
I've come a long way!
When I first saw this recipe, I thought holy crap this is the weirdest thing! But I kept seeing it and just knew I needed to try it.
I am so glad I did and I bet you will be too!
- 1 package 16oz broccoli (I use frozen but you can use fresh)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp slap ya mama seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- *first let me say, I do NOT like broccoli. Or raw veggies. It is a total texture thing for me. If you like that, you may like to keep it raw like most of the recipes for this calls for*
- In a pot large enough for broccoli, boil water
- When it is at a rolling boil place broccoli in there
- After a few minutes it should be tender
- Put the carrots in there for a minute so they will soften
- Pour out the pot into a strainer
- Let it cool
- While it cools make the "sauce"
- Add the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and slap ya mama seasoning
- Add diced red onion
- When broccoli mixture is cooled, add it to the sauce mixture
- Add cheese
- Place in the fridge to chill until serving