twiced baked potatoes
Oh potato! Potatoes are fabulous, right? They're cheap and easy to cook. They are versatile in giving you many different ways to cook them.
I love to make a twice baked potato when we get bored with baked potatoes.
- 4 xl potatoes (mine weighed in at 3.4-combined)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped bacon
- 1/2 heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Shredded Cheddar
- Sour cream
- Bake potatoes until done (My large potatoes baked on 350 for about 2.5 hours- wash them, poke them with a knife, and wrap in foil)
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise
- Scoop out potatoes leaving 1/4 inch in the shell/skin
- Add all ingredients to a bowl (This is easier to do when the potato is still pretty hot, the butter will melt and everything will mix nicely and make a creamier mixture)
- Add the mixture back to the skins of the potatoes
- Add some cheese and green onions on top
- You can either bake them again right away, or you can put them in the fridge to cook for tomorrow! I like to cook them the next day, personally.
- Cook on 350 until warmed
- After you cook them, add any extra toppings you may want