Roasted lemon broccoli with parmesan
The love of broccoli in this house runs deep. I don't know if I will ever tell my kids the only way I ate it growing up was stewed in CHEESE... Lots and LOTS of cheese!
Then, I got married and my husband asked if we could not put so much cheese on the broccoli. What was a girl to do? I tried and tried. I gagged and gagged. Now, I'm over all that and love it any way it is cooked!
I have learned you can actually add seasonings to it and it tastes great! Don't be scared to try new things.
- 2 lbs broccoli cut into desired size
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 lemons
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut broccoli into desired sizes
- Place into bowl with garlic and pour olive oil on top and mix around
- Spread out on a cookie sheet
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Roast at 450 until tender
- Pull it out, squeeze the juice of two lemons all around
- Sprinkle parmesan on top
- Put back in the oven until cheese melts