jalapeno rosemary biscuits
I love savory biscuits. I might even love them more than "breakfast" biscuits. My husband... He's a breakfast biscuit type of man.
I like to do these with dinner, specifically when I do my shrimp dinners that have a sauce that needs soaking up!
When we went to a restaurant that had these, I was hoping for a little more jalapeño, so I did that when I got home. I also added rosemary. I love rosemary, and I think it adds something to a dinner biscuit. As far as the jalapeño peppers, you can add as little or as much as you want to brave!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeño peppers (seeded)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Cut the butter into the mixture with a pastry cutter
- Mix in the buttermilk a little at a time
- Do not overwork the dough, but mix it until it comes together into a ball
- Lightly flour a work surface
- Roll the dough out about 1/2 inch thick
- Using a small biscuit cutter, cut out your biscuits
- Reroll scraps and make additional biscuits
- Bake for about 15 minutes and serve warm!