Roasted Asparagus is one of my favorite! Actually, everyone in this house love them.
When I was 6 years old, I had no idea what Asparagus was and if I ever saw it, I am pretty sure I would have not wanted to try it. I think I was 25 years old when I finally tried it.
My kids always ask for more when I cook it, and I am so happy about that.
My best advice for trying new veggies with your kids is to never give up. Even when they said they hated it, I put it on their plate and told them they had to try one bite. Guess what? Now they love spinach, brussels sprouts, and asparagus! All things they were iffy about when they were little.
Heat oven to 425
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2lbs of Asparagus
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- Avocado Oil (You can use olive oil, or any other oil of your preference. I love Avocado oil, it has no taste and is great for high heat)
- Toss the Asparagus with oil to coat them all lightly.
- Squeeze all the juice of one lemon into the bowl and toss
- Foil a cookie sheet (or use parchment)
- Spread the Asparagus so they are spaced out
- Salt and pepper to taste, make sure you sprinkle them all
- Cook on 425 for 10 minutes or until tender