Baked Mushroom rice
This is such an easy side dish. Rice is a big thing in Louisiana. You will usually find something with rice or potatoes as peoples side dish for dinner.
There are just a few steps, then throw it in the oven and let it cook while you prepare your main dish! Easy peasy.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- half stick butter
- 6 cloves of garlic
- One large onion
- 1/2 tsp slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- Add half stick of butter to your sauté pan.
- Add the mushrooms and onions and cook down
- Add garlic
- Add salt, pepper and slap ya mama, adjust to taste
- Pour rice in a baking pan, spread evenly
- Pour mushroom mixture on top
- Add chicken broth to sauté pan and heat up, add the bouillon cubes and break them apart, mix
- Pour on top of rice mixture
- Bake on 350 for 45 minutes.