mashed up brussels sprouts
Man, my kids love brussels sprouts. You're probably making a face reading that, but I'm serious. I didn't eat a brussels sprout until I was about 25. It took a while for me to like them. I don't think I actually enjoyed them until about 5 years ago.
So anyways, we went to the grocery store the other day and my son picked up two bags of 2lb brussels sprouts and asked if he could please get both. Ummm, of course I had to say yes! I am on a mission to find more ways to cook them.
Here is my mashed up version.
- 2lbs brussels sprouts (cleaned and trimmed)
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- 1 stick of butter
- water for boiling
- Trim up your brussels and clean them
- Put water in a pot and bring to a boil
- Place brussels in and boil for about 6-8 minutes
- You want them fork tender, but not mush
- When the brussels are done, strain them
- While draining, melt the stick of butter in the pan
- Cook down your garlic for a minute until fragrant
- Remove from heat and mix in all other ingredients
- Toss around with brussels
- Lay them on a cookie sheet and smash them down with a fork
- Sprinkle with parmesan and bake on 425 for about 20-25 minutes